Sunday, November 24, 2013

Surgery 10/24, 2013

Nov 24, 2013
4 5 AM and time for my Vitals. I was about 1/2 awake anyway. ask the vital taker to unhook the air bags from my legs so I could takle walking to the bath room. Went pretty good only problem is the geting up and actually I did the hook the foot on the old knee under the one with the new knee and help pick it up. swinging my slef around on the bed. The pain was worse last night, I went ahead and took the pain pills this morning even though it was very boarderline on needing them. Back in bed now and think I will try to fall back asleep for a short nap. — 9:50 now and the last couple hours have been very active. Breakfast took a while and then in came the rehab man. Got up and went for a pretty good walk with him. Then sat on the edge of the bed forcing my leg to bend. During the walk he had me stop and stand up on my toes which was really no problem. Sitting and bending the leg was a different story, it hurt muchly, but necessary and he said I handled it will. By the time we quit I was exhauted with a little nausea, laying here on the bed I have relaxed a little. The Doctor came in a little while later. He had me explain what I had been doing and made the commet that the leg needs the pillow under the lower part to keep it uncomfortable. That if there is no pain that the knee is getting used to being in a bent location and that is not good. Uncomfortable means there is stretching to the way it should.
It actually hurts bad enough I can understand why there are people who never extend the knee to where it should be and continue doing this for as much as six months. The rehab man told me that to be doing what I am doing now my pain tolerance is probably high enough that I would be able take having the second one done with in a few weeks – They are moving me to rehab tomorrow and over there there is wifi. Red just called and is coming down so he is going to pick up my laptop and bring it down. The nurse came by and she had my pills, which I have lost track of what they are all for, but I took them, so I am drugged up for the day. – My plans for the afternoon is watch football games, do my in bed leg exercises and visit with Red. So, I’ll be back in a while.
   

No comments: