Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013


Ate about 1/2 the sandwich for lunch and the fruit, drank the milk.  Two more of the pain pills, that will get me through the second pt.  Back to the room and layed down with an ice bag on my leg.  -- The foot doctor came in and said she was getting me some athelits foot cream.  She also said that the extreme pain that I have lived with in my feet for the last two years is not from the Hammer Toe, but rather some kind of nerve damage and that they would try a couple of different thinks.  This was all extremeley good news to me.  --  Back to the second work out which included deep knee bends, (not very deep) the machine that bens the knee and also going up and down stairs for the first time.  Spent most of the evening in bed, trying to do the flex exersises, watching tv and relaxing.Took the last of my pain pills for the day about ten and fill asleep shortly after.
Woke at 5 am and took my pain pills, and then for a really good treat I gathered my stuff and headed to the shower.  There are good showers and then there are really good showers, This was really good.  Breakfast was next, ate a little cereal and 1/2 a muffin.  Actually no more than I have been doing it felt good to just relax.  That is really all I did till lunch.  Did not eat much at lunch, a little piece of meat a bite or two of dressing and a cup of pineapple
-- Tom, my brother called and he was going to come by on his way back home after having dinner with Kyle, his son.   And, he is going to bring me a  fresh turkey sandwich.  This he did, the sandwich and a piece of pumpkin pie, terrific.  He also brought a needle nose pliers which enabled me to fix the bluetooth keyboard for my laptop..  no more hunt and peck on the little keys, I hope.  We had a good visit and when he was ready to head home I was going to walk to the elevator with him,  We were ask to step back into the room and stay till notified it was all right to come out.  It lasted about 20 minutes before Tom could leave.  Code black had been called and later I heard that that meant a weapon on our floor.  They never found who what or where the call came from, so all is normal.  Now, I am about to shut down, tomorrow will be another pt day and I am sure will have the pleasure of experiencing some real pain, anyone want to fill in??


No comments: