Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Nov 26, 2013

It is now 7 pm and this has really been a rough day. I am going to skip past some of the little things that happened today and get to the work. Two Drs came in checking my leg. They approved the way it looked and said that I am ready to start rehab. 10 oclock I was at the rehab room and we started right away. Some questions, some paper work and then the walking, Walked the obstacle course. then after a short break a timed walk, 2 minutes and then measured. Lots of bending the leg and measuring the angle. This lasted for a full hour and there is no doubt that I was ready for a break at the end. By the time I got to the room lunch was already being served. I ate about a 1/2 of tuna fish sandwich, drank the juice and ate the fruit. Done and back to the room. — Bettina came back bringing me some clothes to wear. Shirts and shorts and a couple of pairs of pants. By the time we talked a few it was time for me to head for the 2 pm session of rehab. A lot rougher. Started on this exersize looking thing that had 2 handles that pulling back would pull that corresponding foot back with a goal of 90 % bend. Pull it as far back as I could stand and hold it for 2 minutes then back and 2 minute rest. Four repatitions of this exersise. Then on to the next machine, another one designed to pull the one leg back as far as possible, and dont forget I am pulling a knee that had new pieces the muscles on both side have been cut and restructured as will as about thirty Staples running down the center over the knee cap. One more exersise to go laying on the mat, pull my leg as far back as possible, this went on for twenty minuts which ended the session and let me tell you I was exhausted. This is when the day went down hill. I needed a support hose big enough to go over my knee. Was told I would have to go down so they could measure my leg. One of the vounteers was called to push the wheel chair. The foot piece was way to short so I had to sit with my leg bent, oh will it won’t last long, just down and back. last long. Wrong, when we got down there the volunteer left me in that chair with my leg bent. That is where I was for almost an hour, and now it gets even worse. I was called back for the measurment, one look, no tape, he pulled out two pair and put them in a bag saying, “they will put them on up at the ward” no measure and the guy at the desk had not bothered to call a volunteer so I sat another ten minutes. – Super time by the time I got back to the room. I ate a few bites of chicken, couple bites of bread, a drink of milk, took my pills and headed to the room. I am here for the night, exhausted and sore. – Start over gain tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ashley Mayo said...

Hey there father in law! Just wanted you to know that we have been keeping up with your blog! Glad to hear you are doing ok despite the rough day in rehab. I know Will is looking forward to coming to see you in December. Please let us know if you need anything and we are certainly thinking about you!

Get well soon,
Ashley